Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad.....


When this song came out i was in love with it.... It described my goals perfectly. (that and the "i don't want to do nothing at all" song) BUT those two thing aren't compatible. My husband works "mostly" hard everyday in a job that is beneficial but not always enjoyable. there are procedures and pointless drills or classes. I feel bad for him sometimes... (other times i'm jealous that he gets to have an outside job.) My job consists of all of the bills/paperwork for our house, the actually house and the kids. I know it doesn't seem like a lot. But come over on a random afternoon it's chaos. There is laundry sitting anywhere it can, toys spread across the floor like land mines, children usually fighting over the stupidest things, lunch spread over the counter tops and table. a baby eating the smallest most dangerous choking hazard she can. My husband texting me to look at the latest funniest youtube video he just saw and me spinning in circles trying to figure out what to do first.

I can imagine the general consensus of mothers talking to me about it.....(or my husband when he gets home)

Them: Now is it this bad everyday?

Me: eh 5 out of 7.

Them: Why don't you do one chore a day or all of them before you do anything distracting?

Me: Well i've tried those methods, one chore a day is not enough. and if i clean before anything else it's wrecked like 20 minutes later once the kids get to it.

Them: Oh well then just continually pick up after them then. Problem Solved!

Me: "groan" I'll try I guess.... (i'm thinking i wish i worked outside the home again or that there were three of me one for the kids one for the house and one to just relax and do what ever i wanted)

*********
Ok so i have that conversation MANY times with my hubby. who by the way boasts that HE could do a better job, by keeping the kids in check though "daddy influence" (aka fear) and the house would be spotless (even though when he does clean he just works on the things he likes and leaves the other stuff for me)
So out of love for my kids and a hurt ego i stay here at home struggling to find the motivation to work.

Maybe our method of splitting up the responsibilities is a little different, but i understand the reasoning behind it.
My husband works all day, he doesn't want to work more when he gets home... I'm home all day I "should" be able to keep up the house and not let the children get hurt or starve (plus help them learn stuff).
But I personally find it hard.. I don't think i'll ever have a magazine house.. (we have bad habits) But i see other women who have multiple children and the majority have some mess in their house. (there are the exceptions/examples)
Anywho back to being a billionaire. I would have a maid so i could spend time with my family and have free time without over burdening my husband.

Now how to become one.... (actually possibilities are low) but i have dreams and interests. I had suggestions of making a cd of my singing and sending it to different places, I've been in the process of trying to write a book (lots of blocks on that one) we save and invest (but that takes years to add up)

SO i'm making what i can out of what i got.... so now i ask for advice. How do you mother's and fathers and people who live in houses balance out your day to keep your dwellings clean and tidy while making the residents happy too? (and maybe have sometime to write a book? lol)
 

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this quote today, still easier said then done :)

    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

    -by Ruth Hamilton, 1958

    ReplyDelete